Skip to main content

Paying it Forward


Paying it Forward
8 April 2018


I’m not sure what to write about, yet I know that this is right.
I have to keep using my words to stay within the fight.
The fight for freedom and happiness has to begin with me.
Or else my world is doomed, for all eternity.
God gave me a voice to speak, in speaking I can find.
The strength to move forward, if only in my mind.
Writing helps release, the bonds upon my heart,
I know I’ll never be finished, this is just a start.
The journey is a long one, I know without a doubt.
Sometimes I want to cry, others I need to shout.
That does not diminish, the power of my words,
For sometimes they take flight, just like little birds.
To a broken heart that needs hope and love within,
So on their own long journey, they can finally begin.
There are many in this world suffering as I did,
Because they felt alone, like a lost little kid.
Someone was always there, though to them I was blind,
And as I look within my past, it’s not that hard to find;
That though I felt alone, someone was always there,
To help me lift my load, my burden they did share.
Maybe it was church, or family or a friend,
Mostly it was strangers, who had a hand to lend.
Whether it was a smile, or a kind word when required,
Even though I couldn’t see, hope never retired.
I’d see the love of a child, who shyly waved a hand,
Or saw a smile on someone, who heard their favorite band.
I have seen many men, who hold open many doors,
And when I have dropped something, some got on all fours,
To help me gather up, my items on the ground,
And even if I didn’t thank them, malice wasn’t found.
There truly are kind people, who genuinely care,
Even if my love inside, is feeling very bare.
So when I feel ungrateful, I try to bring to mind,
All the love that is around me, it’s not too hard to find.
I have to pay it forward, I’m starting to realize.
Or else I take another step, toward my own demise.
This world is not my own, to do with as I please,
I have to start my day, firmly on my knees.
I ask that God can guide me, and not let me run away,
From the negativity I see around me, every passing day.
I ask for Him instead, to let me be His light,
I know that He protects me, so I thank Him every night.
He shows me how I can help, another in distress
Sometimes I don’t know how, this I must confess.
So I have to open my mouth, and ask for what they need.
Even if they say nothing, I know I kept to the creed,
The one I made to God, that I love my fellow brother,
And if they are not ready for help, I turn to another.
If only to plant a seed, from God who knows the best,
For others He will send, to take care of the rest.
We all need each other, to fill our hearts with memories,
So we can see God moments, that show up in our stories.
I hope one day I see, everyone involved,
That helped me on my way, while this world revolved.
I know I wouldn’t make it, traveling alone,
I’m glad that there were others whose light I was shone.
Though fear, anger, sadness, still remain inside,
I’m not worried any more, for love now does reside.
Inside where there were cobwebs, God shook them from the wall,
So off the cliff of negativity, I didn’t have to fall.
Now I must repay, the kindness that He gave me,
By sending other people, in my life to save me.
I will try forever more, to help others every day.
To give someone light, to help them on their way.
I know if I can do this, God won’t let me down,
Because when I am lost, to Him I’m always found.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen

W hy am I so scared to heal? Is it laziness? Is it fear? What am I scared of? Why don't I want to thrive, only survive? I have issues with isolation, laziness, distractions. How do I get out of this loop? I'm frozen, stalled. Procrastination and avoidance are my daily routines. Frozen 24 April 2022 Marie Slider Scared to heal, scared to live, Why is there no care that I give? Desire to run or walk away, But can't take a step to get out of my way. I'm frozen in a bubble of time, Completely surrounded by dust and grime. Cobwebs entangle my conscious mind, Body entangled by ropes that bind. Apathy threatens to take control, Darkening my beautiful soul. My light inside, it flickers and fades, Isolation cuts like sharpened blades. Fear of failure and fear of success, My brain and heart are completely a mess. Can't see a way out most of the days, My mind's labyrinth firmly betrays. Self-awareness, a strength to many who seek, For a person like m

My Squad of Angels

My Squad of Angels 29 December 2017 They're not that far away; all those who passed before. They're waiting for my arrival just behind this mortal door. They're watching and guiding prayerfully in that space that's just beyond. They're in the creases of my heart; a place they're very fond. They're floating through my memories, to help sort out my past. They want me to find happiness, but their flag is at half mast. They do this to help me bear the weight of struggles along the way.  They want to give their strength to me during every painful day. They wait beyond my consciousness, their warmth they want to share; Sometimes I feel it blowing in the wind that moves my hair. I see them in a stranger's face as a flicker or a feeling. Sometimes the similarities scare me through the ceiling. I wonder if that person may be sent from one who passed, Or if a chance connection is a hook my loved ones

Not Lost

Not Lost 18 June 2020 Marie Slider Lost in my brain, feeling insane; not sure of where to go. Yearn to be free; what's happening to me? In a boat I cannot row. Thoughts reign supreme, or so it seems; where can I find release? Where can I run? This is not very fun; why can I not find peace? What's that I hear? It's not very clear; where is it coming from? A pitter a patter, I feel like this matters; the noise is that of a drum. It's not a loud sound, but it booms all around; A stirring within my heart. The spirit, it speaks; the brain starts to weep, for the curtains they finally part. They show a love there, that the brain said was bare, and so I could not see. How much I have grown; that I'm never alone; that Someone is holding me. The scars that I've earned, are lessons Ive learned and I cannot forget; The fact of the matter; I did not shatter, And I will not live in regret. So when I feel lost, and my brain feels tossed, I hope thes