Skip to main content

Connections

Connections
30 December 2017

Sometimes I get this feeling,
though sometimes it goes away,
And I know that there are others
it shows in what they say.
I've been searching far and wide
a home to build so strong,
Where I can feel some comfort
from this world that feels so wrong.
I'm learning I won't find it
if I hide my love and talents,
And play the disconnect game
refusing to find balance.
When I focus on my past and future
and forget the Here and Now,
Then I become a victim
and worldly things make me bow.
I start to judge another,
"They are wrong and I am right,"
Or even worse the feeling
of giving up the fight.
In past I judged my worth
on other opinions or advice,
And I played follow-the-leader
in a swarming group of mice.
I pushed out the weaker being
and stepped upon their head.
Question is, what will I carry
to my individual death-bed?
I'll bring wisdom and emotions
and connections of the heart,
Not those worldly Ambitions I've had
Or even a piece of art.
There's so much more to experience
above my head and below my feet;
Many worlds still yet to be discovered,
so many siblings yet to meet.
I sometimes get lost in arguing
in my head or with another,
That I forget that our perceptions
are different from each other.
Even the yesterday me
I thought I knew so well,
Has changed so much today
but continues to try to yell.
Sometimes I get distracted
by what I should do or say,
But then I forget to focus
on simple things day by day.
There is alot of healing
and amends that must be made,
But I cannot stop experiencing
The world as it's been laid.
That family of squirrels and bird's nest
I saw today around noon,
Did not come out of nowhere
it's been there many a moon!
A beautiful flower by the street
could have been easily passed,
But he might have a brother
where another shadow is cast!
The smile I saw on a stranger
I swear I've never seen before;
It might have graced my presence yesterday at the store.
But I was just too focused
on the things I had to buy;
He might have been behind me,
consoling his kid, a tear in his eye!
The things that I've been blind to
may not be just by chance.
There's connections I might be missing,
a whole number left to dance.
A thin thread like a spider's
is being shown to me everyday.
I am learning how to follow it
And in the vibe, do and say,
Not things that I have planned
ignoring how other people feel,
But focusing on us both
And watch the layers start to peal.
I've experienced many things,
some I cannot show or tell
And I have to Give God credit
for helping me see so well;
That this invisible mighty strand
is intertwining in my life,
And the energy or karma i create
can cause someone joy or strife.
I'm learning that my actions
can certainly affect many,
And if I serve another person
I'll be rewarded plenty.
It's not about the money,
I don't need much of that,
It's not about the glory
or even the blessings I get back.
It's knowing that my words
or even a helping hand,
May have changed a split decision,
ohelped pearls transform from sand.
So as as I'm going through
this constantly changing healing,
I'm trying not to judge myself
Or focus on the feeling,
That I didn't accomplish everything
I wanted to do today,
Because I know I did my best
if my motives didn't stray.
But if by chance I realize,
I did some wrong some where,
Then I do my best to right it,
or genuinely show I care.
I know that if I stay positive
and honor my connections to all,
The chains of negativity and pain

will slowly start to fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen

W hy am I so scared to heal? Is it laziness? Is it fear? What am I scared of? Why don't I want to thrive, only survive? I have issues with isolation, laziness, distractions. How do I get out of this loop? I'm frozen, stalled. Procrastination and avoidance are my daily routines. Frozen 24 April 2022 Marie Slider Scared to heal, scared to live, Why is there no care that I give? Desire to run or walk away, But can't take a step to get out of my way. I'm frozen in a bubble of time, Completely surrounded by dust and grime. Cobwebs entangle my conscious mind, Body entangled by ropes that bind. Apathy threatens to take control, Darkening my beautiful soul. My light inside, it flickers and fades, Isolation cuts like sharpened blades. Fear of failure and fear of success, My brain and heart are completely a mess. Can't see a way out most of the days, My mind's labyrinth firmly betrays. Self-awareness, a strength to many who seek, For a person like m

My Squad of Angels

My Squad of Angels 29 December 2017 They're not that far away; all those who passed before. They're waiting for my arrival just behind this mortal door. They're watching and guiding prayerfully in that space that's just beyond. They're in the creases of my heart; a place they're very fond. They're floating through my memories, to help sort out my past. They want me to find happiness, but their flag is at half mast. They do this to help me bear the weight of struggles along the way.  They want to give their strength to me during every painful day. They wait beyond my consciousness, their warmth they want to share; Sometimes I feel it blowing in the wind that moves my hair. I see them in a stranger's face as a flicker or a feeling. Sometimes the similarities scare me through the ceiling. I wonder if that person may be sent from one who passed, Or if a chance connection is a hook my loved ones

Confined

I started writing this, and I was fighting with the idea to post it, because I’m still working on the strength to continue on this journey of healing, after a little bump in the road. Then as I was reading the Bible, a certain verse was brought to my attention, and again I was prompted that I needed to share this. I’m not sure who this is for, please, just know that God loves you, and the wisdom I have, is that God is watching out for all of us, and He will give us the strength to get through pain, and help others. KJV Ecclesiastes 9:18 “Wisdom is better than weapons of war; but one sinner destroyeth much good.” Confined 22 February 2018 The simple thought to run, goes trailing through my mind, At a million miles per hour, it almost makes me blind. The idea that somehow I should have escaped; The mental confusion, why do I feel raped? That person never laid a finger on me. The fear, nevertheless, was complete reality. Feeling lost, torn, and broken, my