Skip to main content

The War I Refuse to Fight

The War I Refuse to Fight
27 March 2018
 
It’s becoming clearer every day; the war that’s being fought,
Between brother, sister, man and wife; hearts are turning to rot.
There’s fighting, bickering, slandering and putting others down.
Yet in the end, can you find anyone actually wearing a crown?
Many find joy in stomping another’s small fire out,
Can they not see the darkness they are creating all about?
Others try to force their views, like they are the only way.
Do we not live in a land of freedom for all to have their say?
What’s the point in always putting the other guy down?
Do you really enjoy the strain of constantly wearing a frown?
Why do we hide our similarities and only bring differences up?
In the end must we not all drink from the same bitter cup?
Do you think the riches of this world are all you can achieve?
Do you think the glory of beating someone, can change the way they believe?
Why do we continue the cycle of hurting others when we’ve been hurt?
Why when we have fallen, do we knock others into the dirt?
Have you never had a time in your life, another has offered a hand?
Have you never slowed down at all to hear nature’s wonderful band?
Conversations and debates are healthy, to help you think for yourself,
Yet putting someone down for their beliefs, will not improve your wealth.
The evil one will always fight, he will never have quite enough,
If you let him control your heart, your road will always be rough.
When you push others away, putting more baggage on your back,
You really make it easier to fall again, while walking on your track.
We’ll need each other in the end when we see the bigger picture,
For we all have different strengths and gifts, we must add to the mixture.
So I will not engage to blaspheme or fight people any more,
Unless, by chance, a fight is brought upon my very door.
Then I’ll protect family and friends, feeling love still for my enemy,
Because tomorrow, they may humble themselves to ask for help from me.
I have been in pain before, and couldn’t see beyond the lies,
And others were waiting patiently to comfort all my cries.
So today I wait patiently, for others who may need a friend,
For I finally see we are all brothers and sisters in the end.
There’s a life worth so much more than fighting each other will attain;
A life of love and harmony, in which we can forever remain.
The enemy is not one, of flesh or blood or bone,
It is the negativity inside that hides our light when it is shown.
That’s why we must lift each other in times of need or hurt
And stop letting the evil one win, by arguing things of no worth.
Look in a child’s eyes, before he’s been corrupted,
Before the lies of differences, his love had interrupted.
Those are the very eyes, where truth can really be found,
Of the Creator from above, who made us from the ground.
He sent us here to test us, so we could overcome,
The pride that this world creates in us, and learn to become as one.
We cannot make it on our own, this has been proved by all,
From the very beginning when Adam had his first fall.
God then sent children to help him get back to a life of respect,
For he had to work for his freedom, and others he had to protect.
God never did let Adam, abide this life alone,
He knew love burned brighter, if to others it is shown.
So please if you are struggling, don’t lash out on one another,
Instead see how you can help and lift a fellow brother.
Tomorrow it may be you, who needs a comforting smile,
So why don’t we offer another a compliment, once in a while.
Instead of attacking others and making them feel small,
Let us stand united, against negativity, once and for all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen

W hy am I so scared to heal? Is it laziness? Is it fear? What am I scared of? Why don't I want to thrive, only survive? I have issues with isolation, laziness, distractions. How do I get out of this loop? I'm frozen, stalled. Procrastination and avoidance are my daily routines. Frozen 24 April 2022 Marie Slider Scared to heal, scared to live, Why is there no care that I give? Desire to run or walk away, But can't take a step to get out of my way. I'm frozen in a bubble of time, Completely surrounded by dust and grime. Cobwebs entangle my conscious mind, Body entangled by ropes that bind. Apathy threatens to take control, Darkening my beautiful soul. My light inside, it flickers and fades, Isolation cuts like sharpened blades. Fear of failure and fear of success, My brain and heart are completely a mess. Can't see a way out most of the days, My mind's labyrinth firmly betrays. Self-awareness, a strength to many who seek, For a person like m

My Squad of Angels

My Squad of Angels 29 December 2017 They're not that far away; all those who passed before. They're waiting for my arrival just behind this mortal door. They're watching and guiding prayerfully in that space that's just beyond. They're in the creases of my heart; a place they're very fond. They're floating through my memories, to help sort out my past. They want me to find happiness, but their flag is at half mast. They do this to help me bear the weight of struggles along the way.  They want to give their strength to me during every painful day. They wait beyond my consciousness, their warmth they want to share; Sometimes I feel it blowing in the wind that moves my hair. I see them in a stranger's face as a flicker or a feeling. Sometimes the similarities scare me through the ceiling. I wonder if that person may be sent from one who passed, Or if a chance connection is a hook my loved ones

Not Lost

Not Lost 18 June 2020 Marie Slider Lost in my brain, feeling insane; not sure of where to go. Yearn to be free; what's happening to me? In a boat I cannot row. Thoughts reign supreme, or so it seems; where can I find release? Where can I run? This is not very fun; why can I not find peace? What's that I hear? It's not very clear; where is it coming from? A pitter a patter, I feel like this matters; the noise is that of a drum. It's not a loud sound, but it booms all around; A stirring within my heart. The spirit, it speaks; the brain starts to weep, for the curtains they finally part. They show a love there, that the brain said was bare, and so I could not see. How much I have grown; that I'm never alone; that Someone is holding me. The scars that I've earned, are lessons Ive learned and I cannot forget; The fact of the matter; I did not shatter, And I will not live in regret. So when I feel lost, and my brain feels tossed, I hope thes