Skip to main content

Confined


I started writing this, and I was fighting with the idea to post it, because I’m still working on the strength to continue on this journey of healing, after a little bump in the road. Then as I was reading the Bible, a certain verse was brought to my attention, and again I was prompted that I needed to share this. I’m not sure who this is for, please, just know that God loves you, and the wisdom I have, is that God is watching out for all of us, and He will give us the strength to get through pain, and help others.

KJV Ecclesiastes 9:18
“Wisdom is better than weapons of war; but one sinner destroyeth much good.”

Confined
22 February 2018


The simple thought to run, goes trailing through my mind,
At a million miles per hour, it almost makes me blind.
The idea that somehow I should have escaped;
The mental confusion, why do I feel raped?
That person never laid a finger on me.
The fear, nevertheless, was complete reality.
Feeling lost, torn, and broken, my nerves on edge,
I thought I’d lost these feelings, threw them off a ledge.
Yet a recent situation, made me feel confined,
My voice was left behind again, my body in a bind.
Though God protected me and let me walk away,
My heart is turned to others, who knew this pain today.
Those who felt like they were under attack;
Those who have no clue, how they can fight back.
Sometimes we are faced with people who are sick,
Or we get stuck in situations, we would never pick.
Sometimes things happen, no one likes to talk about,
And I see it’s finally time, to let these feelings out.
For years I was lost from things beyond control.
It made me live in fear, darkened up my soul.
Instead of reaching out for help, from those I truly love,
Or even sending a prayer out to the One that lives above,
I made the choice to hide using anything in reach.
I gave poison to some people, and to others became a leach.
It took a Power greater than I could ever dream,
And a group of remarkable people, on whom I could lean,
For me to finally realize my worth was never gone.
I just had to figure out, my thinking was all wrong.
I had told myself that I was alone, no one could understand.
Then others stood around me and held me by the hand.
They had felt the same way, many years for some,
And they had found together, a reason not to run.
A Power even greater still, that no one can define.
He could take the pain away, completely from my mind.
When I finally humbled myself to ask for His wise words,
He blatantly told me to help other long lost birds.
He gave me a brand new voice, in writing He said I can heal.
Not just myself, to all who release the wheel
I have to give voice to those who can’t speak,
Because they are not ready, or feel too weak.
I have learned and I know, God will always listen
And He sees my tears, the ones that glisten.
He knows my pain, and He wants all to know,
That His love is all around, even in shadow.
Sometimes we are blind, though His blessings abound,
And we need others to show us that love can be found.
That’s what I needed to help clear my past,
And to learn that I needed to sacrifice the cast
The one that I put on protecting my frail heart,
So I could finally address where I need to start.
Forgiving others and myself, is the answer to my freedom,
And I know that day is coming, it’s finally the season
With sharing my pain with others, I see the light inside.
It’s starting to illuminate, and eliminate the pride.
I don’t feel so alone, I know God will set me free,
And one day the pain will subside, for all eternity.


Comments

  1. This is a very well put together description of what a lot of other people feel. This poem is encouraging you to put The Most High back into our lives. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen

W hy am I so scared to heal? Is it laziness? Is it fear? What am I scared of? Why don't I want to thrive, only survive? I have issues with isolation, laziness, distractions. How do I get out of this loop? I'm frozen, stalled. Procrastination and avoidance are my daily routines. Frozen 24 April 2022 Marie Slider Scared to heal, scared to live, Why is there no care that I give? Desire to run or walk away, But can't take a step to get out of my way. I'm frozen in a bubble of time, Completely surrounded by dust and grime. Cobwebs entangle my conscious mind, Body entangled by ropes that bind. Apathy threatens to take control, Darkening my beautiful soul. My light inside, it flickers and fades, Isolation cuts like sharpened blades. Fear of failure and fear of success, My brain and heart are completely a mess. Can't see a way out most of the days, My mind's labyrinth firmly betrays. Self-awareness, a strength to many who seek, For a person like m

My Squad of Angels

My Squad of Angels 29 December 2017 They're not that far away; all those who passed before. They're waiting for my arrival just behind this mortal door. They're watching and guiding prayerfully in that space that's just beyond. They're in the creases of my heart; a place they're very fond. They're floating through my memories, to help sort out my past. They want me to find happiness, but their flag is at half mast. They do this to help me bear the weight of struggles along the way.  They want to give their strength to me during every painful day. They wait beyond my consciousness, their warmth they want to share; Sometimes I feel it blowing in the wind that moves my hair. I see them in a stranger's face as a flicker or a feeling. Sometimes the similarities scare me through the ceiling. I wonder if that person may be sent from one who passed, Or if a chance connection is a hook my loved ones

Traveling Again

  Traveling Again 11 May 2022 Marie Slider I'm on that rough path again, though this time I see the lies, T hat Satan often tells me, but God, he hears my cries. Those rocks and sticks I've overcome, I thought would break my bones, Have only made me stronger, many times I have been shown. I'm not that same lost girl, who was stuck in the dark, The warmth of that calm spirit, resides within my heart. The darkness tries to overcome, but this journey has let me see, That I've walked this path before, and God can set me free. I have to push myself again, to walk this path of sorrow, And I know that, yet again, I may walk it tomorrow. Today, however, I can find that door that's so inviting, And be embraced by Heavenly Father, (isn't that exciting?) He will always give me peace, if I reach out my hand And I know that one day, I will permanently take that stand. But, if I have to turn around, and take another journey, Through the hurt and anger, th